Wednesday, November 19, 2008

poached eggs

When I was in high school I had a boyfriend who would hold me up to a running microwave and scream, "Your ovaries are frying!"

I really liked him.

ANYWAY, I love that Spencer Ackerman refers to his painstakingly poached egg as a "beautiful son of a bitch." His history of difficulty with this simple kitchen task makes me feel better about my own inability to properly poach an egg. Just last week I had to throw away a failed egg. It was tragic.

Somebody wanted a tutorial on how to hardboil an egg. It's like this: you put the eggs in the water. You bring to a boil. You turn it off/remove from the burner if you have a shitty electric stove like I do. You let sit for approx. 15-17 minutes (for large or jumbo eggs. Jumbo is such a good word. "Etymology: a huge elephant exhibited by P.T. Barnum. Date: 1883").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home