Sunday, November 16, 2008

But I am done with apple-picking now

Today I took this survey on the economics of food consumption. I reported that my habits have changed very little since this time last year. However, I neglected to note that when buying baking apples, I now consider not only taste and texture, but also price: if something is going to get wrinkled and shriveled and mushy (yum), I do not want to pay more than $1.99/lb for it, especially if I am buying lots. Old habits die hard, I learned to cook from Mommy, we both make too much of everything.

In other news, Simon Hopkinson reports that the best apples for stewed apples are Golden Delicious. I refuse to believe that those are the best apples for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home